Welcome to the true wild frontier….
- 1 – 15 September 2018 R8 900 p/p sharing
- 1 – 15 September 2019 R9 200 p/p sharing
Full itinerary will be send with payment of deposit.
Due to the remoteness of this vast wonderland it is almost essential to travel in a group.
Kaokoland has a lot to offer in terms of natural beauty. The life-giving Kunene River has many waterfalls and rapids of which the most spectacular are the Ruacana Falls and Epupa Falls. The Marienfluss is a long, wide valley covered in soft wavering grass for most of the year, set between high, stark mountain ranges. It can be entered in the south via Van Zyl’s Pass or on the track passing Rooidrom. The area contains some beautiful fairy circles.
Come join us for an epic adventure into this wild frontier, the seclusion of the Kaokoland is the reason the semi-nomadic Himba Tribe can continue with their traditional way of life. The beautiful women and children of this tribe are unusual and striking with their red ochre coloured skin, intricate hairstyles and handmade jewellery. The Kaokoveld in Namibia is also home to amazing flora and fauna, including the desert dwellinge elephant, rhino, giraffe and lion.
In this region in northern Namibia, you can experience cultural interaction with the Himba and track African wildlife on 4×4 trails and witness fascinating Kaokoland sunsets.
Places to visit will include the following –
- Etosha National Park
- Epupa Falls
- Van Zyls Pass
- Camp Syncro
- Hoarusib River
- Huab River
- Hoanib River
What do you need:
- A good reliable, serviced 4-wheel drive vehicle.
- Fuel range of app. 800km’s including extra fuel containers like long range tanks and jerry cans.
- Vehicle registration papers or letter of consent from the financing institution.
- Children must have a valid passport and an unabridged birth certificate and letter of consent if not accompanied by both parents.
- Guests from non-SADC countries will need a Visa.
- A passport that is valid for 3 months after our return to SA, valid drivers license and ID.
- Camping equipment and cooking/braai accessories.
- A ground tent is fine but no open-air camping allowed due to the fact that we camp in predator territory.
- Malaria Prophylaxis taken as prescribed by your GP.
- Last but not least – A good sense of humour and a positive outlook.
2 way radios will be supplied by ourselves.
- All cross border fees, 3rd party insurance and taxes
- Camping fees
- Conservation fees
- Park entry fees
- 4×4 vehicle hire
- Daily activities
- Transfer fees
- Game drives